Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday, July 26, Third day of Biking, Plan A, B or C

The weather has been a bit iffy the last couple of days. Maybe rain or maybe not, so we've developed a plan A, B or C. Plan A is a long ride to the Mediterranean Sea (about 100 Km round trip) or Plan B is more local ride in the near by hills of about 60-80 Km and Plan C is a car trip to the Salvador Dali Museum (link)     that is about an hour north of the villa.

Well as it turned out, this was a plan B day. The skies were overcast with a chance of rain so it was decided to try a more local route so if it started to pour, we wouldn't have a long way to ride to make it home.

Phillipe had a route in mind that would take us up a 25-30 Km climb then loop back to the start. It was fairly level to start of the climb then a mild, but unrelenting climb to the top where sandwiches and coffee awaited us. 

We then left the town in some light drizzle. The descent was steep and winding, but the drizzle stopped which made the ride very pleasant. 

By the time we got back, we had traveled 75 plus Km and 3000 foot (915 meters) climb.

1 comment:

  1. This is more like it a long climb in the rain with sandwiches from your back pocket. None of this sipping coffee in idyllic spots. Glad to hear you are having fun.